This guest post is courtesy of Kim Stanfield of the Boo Boo Qued BBC Competition Team. You can read more about Kim and Mic Stanfield at www.BooBooQued.com.
Let’s face it – sometimes you just don’t have the energy, or the time, for making pizza dough from scratch. You know there’s nothing like it, but some days a substitute is just what the doctor ordered. I felt exactly that way recently, and instead of rolling out my traditional pizza dough, I decided on mini-bruschetta pizzas and my first bruschetta KettlerPizza party.
And I know one thing for sure: There are many more KettlePizza bruschetta pizza parties in my future!
Bruschetta is nothing more than grilled bread with toppings (delicious grilled bread with delicious toppings, I might add).
How’d we make bruschetta pizzas on our made-in-USA KettlePizza? It’s easy, and I encourage you to try it.
Here’s how …
- First we cut our favorite artisan bread – ciabatta, French, crusty loaf, brioche – your choice. Slice into about 3/8″slices.
- Place the bread on your KettlePizza metal pizza peel, leaving a bit of space in between each piece of bread.
- Lightly coat your bread with melted butter, or olive oil, and lightly toast in your KettlePizza by placing the peel right on the stone for a couple of minutes – no need to take the bread off the peel. We usually have the temperature in the “pizza” range. This should take only a minute or two. Be sure to wear a heat-resistant glove, since the metal of the peel will get very hot!
- Find a place to land your peel that won’t burn or melt.
- Now, coat your lightly toasted bread with your favorite sauce flavor – pesto, garlic butter, tomato, etc.
- Add a bit of cheese – your choice: mozzarella, brie, cheddar, American, fontina, Muenster.
- For toppings, add your favorite pre-cooked meats (this is a great way to serve the leftover meats from this week’s dinners). Be creative. And let your family and friends add their favorites – pepperoni, buffalo chicken, lobster, shrimp, meatballs, whatever they like! Yum.
- Now put the peel back in the KettlePizza to toast and warm up the meats (you can even add more cheese). Just a few more minutes….
- Pull out the peel and with a spatula, remove the bruschetta pizzas, and serve them up.
Now celebrate and enjoy!